Cairns - Tropical Paradise
Cairns Australia is a laid-back, yet cosmopolitan-style city and world renown as the
gateway to the Great Barrier Reef.
This tropical escape offers the best quality of international cuisines, shopping, a taste of aboriginal culture and the Cairns Regional Art Gallery with its fine local art exhibitions.
The palm studded Cairns esplanade is an international draw with its swimmers lagoon, boardwalks, restaurants, cafes and boutique stores. Cairns is a shopper's heaven with Cairns Central complex, the Pier Marketplace and Rusty's Market on Grafton Street. A perfect destination for retail therapy.
Sporting Events and Festivals are year round. Horse racing in season is a local and visitor favourite. There are several world championship golf courses in Cairns.
Tours and Attractions
With hundreds of day tours operating out of Cairns each day, you will never be short of something to do and most
tour operators will pick you up from the City Plaza Cairns gate. We do not recommend specific tour operators SO
based on our years of experience we advise tours only for our client specific needs and wants.
So much to do . . . so little time
Just some of the many tours, attractions & activities to enjoy are:
- The magnificent Great Barrier Reef - snorkelling, scuba diving, sailing
- The ancient and pristine rainforest - heritage and interpretive rainforest bush walks
- Cruise the Daintree River to spot crocodiles in their natural nvironment or visit Hartley Creeks Crocodile Adventures to see crocodiles close up and personal
- Experience an extreme sport of white water rafting, bungee jumping, parasailing and skydiving
- Scenic helicopter flights flying over some of the most scenic natural wonders in all of Australia
- Greet the sunrise by hot air ballooning over the Atherton Tablelands
- Travel on the Kuranda Scenic Train & Skyrail to Kuranda the village in the rainforest
- Outback Day Tours - explore Australia's past history, enjoy stunning landscapes and much more
- Challenging reef and estuary fishing
- Learn about ancient indigenous culture at Tjapukai Aboriginal Culture Park
- Golf at your choice of world championship courses